Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here, I will log my adventures in a world, that will strive to see me fall into society's twisted sins and lies. Am I a saint? Well, no...but my intentions are to be a reflection of what I know and believe.



And that is to find my identity.


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Eating Disorders- A Real Issue Between Mind and Body

I was in AP Psychology earlier this week and we began talking about motivation. Within the motivation chapter, we discussed hunger and its role in our motivation for biological drives (also including thirst, and sex). In that discussion, we talked about eating disorders and I saw how easy it is to become addicted to starving yourself or purging to maintain a weight. I thought about how much I criticise my own body.


Staring in the mirror, I see the slight rolls and creases created by fat. I see my large muscles that pertrude and flex as I walk and move. I'm not 100 lbs, I'm not a startling 120 lbs even! I'm amazed at the complaints that I hear from the skinniest and most beautiful people I know..."Ugh, what is this?! I'm soooo fat." or "I don't fit into my 2 jeans anymore!" Why can't we be content with our bodies?


It hurts to go into detail...women and men alike are dying because of their insecurities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers